Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...

Go down 
+17
meagsmatt
ShellBen
lumma
mch
macigirl
Jenna
sgr91
OvenMitt
Cindyy
Puppyeyes82
Cacity87
Lana
cranberry
mattyg93
lovethemtigers
cecilie
slick7
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
slick7

slick7

MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... Empty
PostSubject: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:56 pm

From the MTV newsroom: http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/06/10/who-will-be-the-next-american-idol-to-sign-a-record-contract/

Who’s Next?
Those who play it safe probably have their finger on Danny Gokey. With his velvety singing voice and heartstring-tugging backstory, he was among the front-runners all season. Gokes was never in the bottom three until he got booted off the week before the finals. But I’m not convinced about his viability as a commercial recording artist. A recent conversation I had with producer Howard Benson (who has worked with Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry) only solidified my thinking that Danny’s going to struggle in his post-”Idol” career. Will he get signed? Sure, on name recognition, if nothing else.

But I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the next “Idol” crooner to make it big will be fifth-place finisher Matt Giraud. I was consistently impressed by Giraud’s mix of soul, R&B and radio-friendly pop, and he fully earned his comparisons to Justin Timberlake. For some reason, it seemed he often couldn’t do anything right in the eyes of the judges. But he sure could pull off some magic in the studio, as my colleague and “Idol” expert Jim Cantiello pointed out to me this morning, Giraud’s iTunes studio recordings were consistently the most polished of all the contestants. And no one can quibble with his live version of Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On.” The guy has got soul, and record execs will take notice.

Who Won’t Get a Shot?
It pains me to say this, because I was an unabashed fan, but I’m thinking Southern boy Anoop Desai won’t be getting a deal. If he’s hoping to have a career as an R&B artist, his awkward take on Usher’s “Caught Up” did not help his cause. I enjoyed his fun riffs on Bobby Brown and Michael Jackson, but I have a feeling talent scouts didn’t see dollar signs as ‘Noop Dog crisscrossed the stage signing, “Don’t be a macho man!”

Anoop himself might concur with my sentiment, based on a rather self-conscious, passive-aggressive post on his Twitter account: “Congrats to Allison joining Adam and Kris in the Signed-By-19 Club! Maybe I’ll join them at some point haha … hopefully…”

As for the rest of the best: I don’t see Lil Rounds, Scott MacIntyre or Alexis Grace grabbing a record deal. I’m pulling for bluesy/jazzy Megan Joy, but she might have screwed her chances with several clumsy, head-in-the-clouds performances late in the season. And who knows? Maybe burly Michael Sarver could finagle his 10th-place finish into a career as a country artist.

Hopefully this cheers some people up even more! Smile
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:14 pm

[quote]But I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the next “Idol” crooner to make it big will be fifth-place finisher Matt Giraud. I was consistently impressed by Giraud’s mix of soul, R&B and radio-friendly pop... he sure could pull off some magic in the studio, as my colleague and “Idol” expert Jim Cantiello pointed out to me this morning, Giraud’s iTunes studio recordings were consistently the most polished of all the contestants. And no one can quibble with his live version of Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On.” The guy has got soul, and record execs will take notice.[/quote

YAY - now we're talking - great posting - thanks slick7 bounce
I'm rooting for our guy!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 pm

This is awesome. It makes me so excited and happy! This is coming from MTV and I love their critique of Matt - he's got soul and the BEST STUDIO VERSIONS!!!!! That is exactly what turned me into a hard-core Matt fan was when I started listening to the studio versions of all the contestants. I was a fan of all of them. Heck I'll admit in the beginning I was a Danny Gokey fan and a hard-core Adam fan, but once I heart Matt's studio versions I became more and more focused on him and then to the point where it was him and only him. Adam actually sounds better live than recorded. I'll admit Kris' studio versions are good too, but allison's are good too - but Matt by far the best.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 pm

I LOVED this.. Finally someone like MTV is giving Matt some credit and gives us all hope that Matt will get signed sooner or later.
I sure hope so.

Matt just has what it takes to make it big! I hope the record executives took notice of all his I-Tunes studio recordings... He deserves it so much.
I will cry if he doesn't get signed by the end of the summer.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Great article,maybe there is sanity in this world after all.Go Matt Go! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Woot! Woot! I'm doing a little jig right now!! 19 are crazy for not jumping to pick up Matt the way they did the other 2, but no worries, Matty G has all the fixings as I see it, to come out on top!! Cool
Best thing I have read in weeks!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:08 pm

YAY!!!! Good to see an article giving Matt the props he deserves! Hopefully this article will be coming up on my Matt Giraud "google alerts" at 5pm too. Smile

I hope Matt becomes BIGGER than all those who have been signed already...good things come to those who wait, right? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm

But he sure could pull off some magic in the studio, as my colleague and “Idol” expert Jim Cantiello pointed out to me this morning, Giraud’s iTunes studio recordings were consistently the most polished of all the contestants. And no one can quibble with his live version of Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On.” The guy has got soul, and record execs will take notice.

I am SO EXCITED about this!!!! I spent almost 3 hours commuting today and listened to Matt the whole time......I NEED more Matt music!!!! Counting down the days (60) until the show!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Yeah!(:
Thats what I like to read. :]
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Hallelujah! Finally someone mentions Matt's studio recordings! That's the key right there- people have been so busy buying up their "favorite"'s iTunes, they neglected the ones of the best quality. Sorry, but Matt is head and shoulders above the others in terms of those studio recordings, and now that his nerves aren't a factor anymore, I'd wager that he'll tear up the live stage this summer as well. Uh, Ellen performance anyone? I kind of feel like this whole finale snub/outcry/iTunes sales/record deal suspense is all just a big litmus test. The 19/Sony people are probably on the precipice of wanting to sign Matt, but they are testing out his fanbase loyalty and growth in popularity right now. Perhaps they will even keep an eye on him for most of the tour to see if more develops. But that's okay, even if the Idol folk are still hemming and hawing, I bet there are lots of other labels chomping at the bit to nab Matt, probably thinking that 19/Sony is crazy not to scoop him up, just like we are!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:17 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Hallelujah! Finally someone mentions Matt's studio recordings! That's the key right there- people have been so busy buying up their "favorite"'s iTunes, they neglected the ones of the best quality. Sorry, but Matt is head and shoulders above the others in terms of those studio recordings, and now that his nerves aren't a factor anymore, I'd wager that he'll tear up the live stage this summer as well. Uh, Ellen performance anyone? I kind of feel like this whole finale snub/outcry/iTunes sales/record deal suspense is all just a big litmus test. The 19/Sony people are probably on the precipice of wanting to sign Matt, but they are testing out his fanbase loyalty and growth in popularity right now. Perhaps they will even keep an eye on him for most of the tour to see if more develops. But that's okay, even if the Idol folk are still hemming and hawing, I bet there are lots of other labels chomping at the bit to nab Matt, probably thinking that 19/Sony is crazy not to scoop him up, just like we are!

Okay continuing the happy mood regarding this article look what Matt just twitted:

Quote :
As you can imagine, I'm very happy about this article thanks MTVhttp://bit.ly/fp1GS

He is excited too! I agree with all you guys, hopefully 19 is taking notice of articles like this one. Really, Matt recording voice is amazing.
Please record exec don't let us wait too long!

Also the drummer of the tour band twitted this:

Quote :
Rehearsals are going well...Thanks for asking! After Kris, Matt came in and ran thru his tunes...Really nice and talented guy...

You see ? Everyone is impressed with Matt's talent. The drummer did not even go on details with Kris songs, but talked about Matt's set.
Apparently Kris rehearsed in the morning and Matt in the afternoon.

Awwww. I am thrilled. I mean, even musicians can appreciate great talent when they see it, I just know now sooner or later Matt will get signed. He just has to!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Did you guys see how the Anoop fans are hating on Matt for posting the link to this article on his twitter. They are bombarding him with hateful twitts - as if he wrote the article dissing Anoop.
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

Also the drummer of the tour band twitted this:

Quote :
Rehearsals are going well...Thanks for asking! After Kris, Matt came in and ran thru his tunes...Really nice and talented guy...

You see ? Everyone is impressed with Matt's talent. The drummer did not even go on details with Kris songs, but talked about Matt's set.
Apparently Kris rehearsed in the morning and Matt in the afternoon.

Awwww. I am thrilled. I mean, even musicians can appreciate great talent when they see it, I just know now sooner or later Matt will get signed. He just has to!

Thats so exciting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:21 pm

sgr91 wrote:
Did you guys see how the Anoop fans are hating on Matt for posting the link to this article on his twitter. They are bombarding him with hateful twitts - as if he wrote the article dissing Anoop.

Thats horrible!
Anoop and Matt are friends, why can't the fan bases be happy for each other! >_<

Time to leave nice, happy tweets for Matt now!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:22 pm

sgr91 wrote:

Are you serious? For Pete's sake he is just happy MTV said nice things about him. Geesh get a life people it's not like he said..."NANANANAN MTV thinks I will get a record deal and Anoop won't". What idiots!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:25 pm

sgr91 wrote:

Where is this I don't see anything on either Matt's or Anoop's twitter?
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:33 pm

If you do a search for "MGriraudofficial" you will see all the (I'm guessing) public tweets to him and you will see them.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:34 pm

sgr91 wrote:

Gosh... They even went to the mal together l two days ago to buy sunglasses, for God's sake! They are friends! Anoop has said several times he is close to Matt.
Whatever, I just think his fans are a bit jealous for what they said about Matt. Matt is just happy.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:40 pm

I had tweeted Matt to pull his tweet. I don't want anyone mad at him! I'm looking out for my boy!

I'm exhausted with all this worry, thinking and dreaming about Matt!!!!! cyclops
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Here are some examples
xdahlia @MGiraudOfficial you'll do fine in the future. But that article was full of fail. >Sad you get flattered too easily.

LstInTheSeeThru @MGiraudOfficial, sorry 4 my angry Tweet but that really was insensitive. Anoop's feelings will likely be hurt. He deserves a deal, too. Sad

sevgli Glad he's happy with the article but did it occur to @MGiraudOfficial how insensitive the article is? Ok, so the writer need to quote

meljq21 @MGiraudOfficial that writer totally trashes & undermines #Anoop times ten & you still post it w/o regret for the writers comment? Booo

livetolove25 @MGiraudOfficial They were positive abt u, but thx for sending a story that at the same time was negative to Anoop. Really appreciate it Sad

LstInTheSeeThru @MCG2000 Yup! @MGiraudOfficial was completely insensitive
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:44 pm

macigirl wrote:
I had tweeted Matt to pull his tweet. I don't want anyone mad at him! I'm looking out for my boy!

I'm exhausted with all this worry, thinking and dreaming about Matt!!!!! cyclops

Why should he pull that tweet? None of the Anoop fans wanted Slezak to pull his tweet when he supported Anoop over Matt. He didn't write the article and has every right to be excited.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:45 pm

sgr91 wrote:
Here are some examples
xdahlia @MGiraudOfficial you'll do fine in the future. But that article was full of fail. >Sad you get flattered too easily.

LstInTheSeeThru @MGiraudOfficial, sorry 4 my angry Tweet but that really was insensitive. Anoop's feelings will likely be hurt. He deserves a deal, too. Sad

sevgli Glad he's happy with the article but did it occur to @MGiraudOfficial how insensitive the article is? Ok, so the writer need to quote

meljq21 @MGiraudOfficial that writer totally trashes & undermines #Anoop times ten & you still post it w/o regret for the writers comment? Booo

livetolove25 @MGiraudOfficial They were positive abt u, but thx for sending a story that at the same time was negative to Anoop. Really appreciate it Sad

LstInTheSeeThru @MCG2000 Yup! @MGiraudOfficial was completely insensitive

I didn't realize Matt had to babysit Anoop's feelings. And I'm pretty sure Anoop already saw the damn article. Anoop fan's are just jealous and bitter. Who cares what they think? I sure don't!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 pm

sgr91 wrote:
macigirl wrote:

Why should he pull that tweet? None of the Anoop fans wanted Slezak to pull his tweet when he supported Anoop over Matt. He didn't write the article and has every right to be excited.

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 pm

People get offended over the dumbest stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Ugh, oh my gosh.
Don't Anoop's fans realize its only an article, for one thing.
Anoop had his time in Slezak's article. Matt his in MTV.

They will both get freakin' record deals!
Why can't they just be happy for Anoop's fellow contestants/friends. This really pisses me off.

Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next