Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...

Go down 
+17
meagsmatt
ShellBen
lumma
mch
macigirl
Jenna
sgr91
OvenMitt
Cindyy
Puppyeyes82
Cacity87
Lana
cranberry
mattyg93
lovethemtigers
cecilie
slick7
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mattyg93

mattyg93

MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:18 am

meagsmatt wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:
Hellooo? Anybody is in this thread?
I guess they are in others. Heh.

Guys, are you optimistic now that Matt will get a major record deal for sure?
I am positive.

1, 2, 3..YES! There is way too much positive buzz going around for the stars NOT to align for him Very Happy

Hey! Thanks for responding!
I was kinda feeling alone here with my thoughts.

Some people over at rickey's are saying that they think for sure 19 doesn't want Matt because they cut his finale duet at last minute and also because he was allowed to have a Twitter account.
Kris, Adam and Allison don't have twitter accounts so that might mean 19 is not signing anyone else?
What do you think of that theory? Why would 19 don't want them with Twitter accounts? I am wondering...

Oh well. As I said, I shall remain positive, let's all hope the good Matt signing news comes soon enough.
Being a Matt fan is like a rollercoaster too, some moments I am super excited and others I get down again. Sigh.

I hope Matt has some meetings too. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:50 am

mattyg93 wrote:

I was wondering, do all the Idols have the vocal lessons before the tour starts? Because I was just thinking that someone might be paying them for Matt. The record deal in the works?

I happened to think the same thing. Hopefully you are right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:12 pm

I sure hope Matt is next. If it's anyone other than Matt....total tavestry.
Matt is the most talented guy overall coming out of Season 8 and I bet he will end up being the most successful of the entire pack....one day Miss Kara will eat her words when she said that he should have been the leader of the pack....He Will Be. Because Matt is Incredible on Every Level, you said it yourself miss Kara. Plus..the drummer on the tour has also been drawn into Matt's magnetism and sensational talent! Matt you are a true artist!
Okay, so it's Friday....busy weekend. This may be my last chance to be on here for sometime..I hope I don't miss the party.
Love ya Matt! Love the Giraud Squad!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:26 am

There was a poster on Mjsblog who posted the previous season's idols and whom they were signed by. I thought this was interesting info:
Hear are the ones I know about
S1:
RCA/19R - Kelly Clarkson (1)
RCA/19R - Justin Guarini (2)
RCA/19R - Nikki McKibbin (3)
19R - Tamyra Gray (4)
RCA - Ryan Starr (7) - not sure if she also signed with 19R
Koch - Jim Verraros (9)

S2:
J Records/19R - Ruben Studdard (1)
RCA/19R - Clay Aiken (2)
Curb - Kimberley Locke (3)
Lyric (a division of Disney) - Josh Gracin (4)
Vangaurd - Kimberley Caldwell (7)

Carmen signed with an Indie.

S3:
J Records/19R - Fantasia Barrino (1)
RCA/19R - Diana DeGarmo
Universal - Jasmine Trias (3)
World Records (division of Warner) - George Huff (5)
Maverick Records (division of Warner) - John Stevens (6)
Arista - Jennifer Hudson (7)

LaToya and Jon Peter Lewis signed with an Indie.

S4:
Arista/Nashville 19R - Carrie Underwood (1)
RCA/19R - Bo Bice (2)
Arista - Mario Vazquez (quit)

Constantine, Nadia and Nikko signed with Indies.

S5:
Arista/19R - Taylor Hicks (1)
RCA/19R - Katharine McPhee (2)
RCA/19R - Chris Daughtry (4)
BNA/19R - Kellie Pickler (6)
Lyric (divison of Disney) - Bucky Covington (Cool
EMI - Mandisa (9)

Ace, Paris and Elliott signed with Indies.

S6:
Jive/19R - Jordin Sparks (1)
Arista/19R - Blake Lewis (2)
Lyric (divison of Disney) - Phil Stacey (5/6)

Mandisa, Lakisha, Chris Sligh and Brondon Rogers signed with Indies. A couple of the semi-finalists signed with Universal Mowtown.

S7:
RCA/19R - David Cook (1)
Jive/19R - David Archuleta (2)
Atlantic (division of Warne) - Jason Castro (4)
BNA/19R - Kristy Lee Cook (7)

Brooke and Michael signed with Indies. Carly had previously been signed to MCA.

S8:
Jive/19R - Kris Allen (1)
RCA/19R - Adam Lambert (2)
Jive/19R - Allison Iraheta

Some auditioners like Josiah have gotten signed to major labels.

Is it me or does it seem like there are less being signed in later seasons than earlier ones? Also, anyone else surprised that Elliott had to go the indie route? I'm just a little concerned since Matt is often compared to him.
Back to top Go down
lymon15

lymon15

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:22 pm

sgr91 wrote:

Is it me or does it seem like there are less being signed in later seasons than earlier ones? Also, anyone else surprised that Elliott had to go the indie route? I'm just a little concerned since Matt is often compared to him.

yea but Elliott had afew songs that were played over and over on the radio. And everyone i knew lovedd him. But i guess since then he hasnt come up with anything. I am still hoping and praying for Matty. I really hope theres something going on towards a deal which is why hes w/ Colbie Calliat a lot and John Mayer!
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:59 pm

sgr91 wrote:
There was a poster on Mjsblog who posted the previous season's idols and whom they were signed by. I thought this was interesting info:
Hear are the ones I know about
S1:
RCA/19R - Kelly Clarkson (1)
RCA/19R - Justin Guarini (2)
RCA/19R - Nikki McKibbin (3)
19R - Tamyra Gray (4)
RCA - Ryan Starr (7) - not sure if she also signed with 19R
Koch - Jim Verraros (9)

S2:
J Records/19R - Ruben Studdard (1)
RCA/19R - Clay Aiken (2)
Curb - Kimberley Locke (3)
Lyric (a division of Disney) - Josh Gracin (4)
Vangaurd - Kimberley Caldwell (7)

Carmen signed with an Indie.

S3:
J Records/19R - Fantasia Barrino (1)
RCA/19R - Diana DeGarmo
Universal - Jasmine Trias (3)
World Records (division of Warner) - George Huff (5)
Maverick Records (division of Warner) - John Stevens (6)
Arista - Jennifer Hudson (7)

LaToya and Jon Peter Lewis signed with an Indie.

S4:
Arista/Nashville 19R - Carrie Underwood (1)
RCA/19R - Bo Bice (2)
Arista - Mario Vazquez (quit)

Constantine, Nadia and Nikko signed with Indies.

S5:
Arista/19R - Taylor Hicks (1)
RCA/19R - Katharine McPhee (2)
RCA/19R - Chris Daughtry (4)
BNA/19R - Kellie Pickler (6)
Lyric (divison of Disney) - Bucky Covington (Cool
EMI - Mandisa (9)

Ace, Paris and Elliott signed with Indies.

S6:
Jive/19R - Jordin Sparks (1)
Arista/19R - Blake Lewis (2)
Lyric (divison of Disney) - Phil Stacey (5/6)

Mandisa, Lakisha, Chris Sligh and Brondon Rogers signed with Indies. A couple of the semi-finalists signed with Universal Mowtown.

S7:
RCA/19R - David Cook (1)
Jive/19R - David Archuleta (2)
Atlantic (division of Warne) - Jason Castro (4)

Brooke and Michael signed with Indies. Carly had previously been signed to MCA.

S8:
Jive/19R - Kris Allen (1)
RCA/19R - Adam Lambert (2)
Jive/19R - Allison Iraheta

Some auditioners like Josiah have gotten signed to major labels.

Thanks so much for the info! Very, very interesting stuff. I can't seem to put my finger on what the major labels look for. There seems to be a wide variety of artists. And with some I'm shocked that they weren't signed to major labels. I agree with Elliott as well. Was that his own choice? Oh and I'm having a blind moment right now but who was Josiah? I'm also really surprised about LaToya. I thought she was fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:58 pm

I remember hearing that 19 actually did offer Elliott a deal, but he turned them down. I don't think there's anything wrong with going Indie....Elliott just wasn't marketed well enough. He had an awesome song Wait For You, but then the follow up single was too sound-alike and imo the video didn't do him any favors....it was just weird. He did really well though, recorded a Christmas album, has an incredible sophomore album, but because of the whole Indie thing and the lack of Payola thing it's even tougher this time around in a tough economy.

I think Matt can do better though. He's younger, he's sexier (sorry E!), he's got more pizzazz, there is definitely a market for him. He can do it!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Janizzle wrote:
I remember hearing that 19 actually did offer Elliott a deal, but he turned them down. I don't think there's anything wrong with going Indie....Elliott just wasn't marketed well enough. He had an awesome song Wait For You, but then the follow up single was too sound-alike and imo the video didn't do him any favors....it was just weird. He did really well though, recorded a Christmas album, has an incredible sophomore album, but because of the whole Indie thing and the lack of Payola thing it's even tougher this time around in a tough economy.

I think Matt can do better though. He's younger, he's sexier (sorry E!), he's got more pizzazz, there is definitely a market for him. He can do it!

I agree 100%! He is incredibly talented, not to mention nice on the eyes, current, he has such a cool vibe about him, and I absolutley love his sense of style!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Janizzle wrote:

I know. But honestly I am just hoping another major signs him at the point.
You just said it, because of the economy right now, there's not enough money for indie labels to promote an artist. And even when the economy was well, the AI finalists who went indie did not go anywhere. Just saying.

Matt deserves so much more than that! I am praying Kara pulls for him in the end and signs him to Atlantic or Warner.
That's the only hope for Matt to really make it and get some radio play to gain new fans.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:53 am

I really want to hear new songs from Matt and to see him on a solo tour!!! I can only PRAY that a major label deal comes ALREADY so things can get rolling. So sad that I'll miss the Idol tour entirely, so I'm really HOPING for a solo Matty tour soon after. Just want his career to start already...desperately need some Matty G!!! He has to be the next one signed!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:11 am

WARNING THIS MAY BE THE LONGEST POST OF ALL TIME..... DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE 2 HOURS!!!!!

Thanks to sgr91, we have the list of all that have gotten deals major and indie from the show. MeagsMatt made a good observation that it seems all these people are all over the map talent wise, genre wise, and seasonally it seems to change. Well, I've decided to torture myself and analyze the seasons 1 by 1 to see if we can see what the deal is. I know in the end this is pretty pointless, but at the very least, it gets us talking about something other than just Matt not having a deal yet, and maybe we can see some silver lining and/or some patterns that have occured! So here goes! BTW, all this info comes from Wikipedia (only used the sourced material- so it's not made up)

Season 1
RCA/19R - Kelly Clarkson (1)-- she's a pretty famous case, we know her 1st CD was fast paced to the stores, since she's been up and down. Still very successful Genre: pop music.
RCA/19R - Justin Guarini (2)-- solo album released nine months after the show (June '03) coinciding with the disaster that was "From Justin to Kelly" this most likely had something to do with poor record sales. Genre: R&B/Jazz/kind of all over the place
RCA/19R - Nikki McKibbin (3) She was urged to record a country album, didn't take the advice--nothing releasable was ever recorded. Genre: undefinable
19R - Tamyra Gray (4)--Simon Fuller signed her to his own label (not under Sony) in 2002 right after the show. Her 1st album was not released until 2004--sold poorly, most likely due to the length of time between show and release. Genre: R&B/Pop
RCA - Ryan Starr (7) -- under contract with RCA, refused to be turned into an Avril Lavigne type. Battled for 3 years, no albums. Genre: Rock
Koch - Jim Verraros (9)-- released an album in 2004, it was revamped in 2005 and re-released by Koch. Genre: Pop

-in season 1 the only ones signed directly after the show were Kelly, Justin, and Nikki by Sony. Tamyra was hand picked by Fuller for his newly formed label. It seems the pattern with these contestants are they waited too long to release their material and then they were forgotten by the Idol public.

Season 2
J Records/19R - Ruben Studdard (1) 1st CD sold farely well (~1 mil) other albums have done fairly well within the Gospel world, not so much within popular music. Seems to have faded since the show. Genre: R&B/Gospel
RCA/19R - Clay Aiken (2)- Did very well right out of the gate, has faded since, now on Broadway Genre: Pop/AC
Curb - Kimberley Locke (3)- had a decent single right out of the gate, sold alright-- now mostly does reality tv but still records. Genre: R&B/Pop
Lyric (a division of Disney) -- Josh Gracin (4)--had some decent success in the country world, not so much outside of that. Genre:Country
Vangaurd - Kimberley Caldwell (7)-- this is a recent signing... no CD yet. Genre: Pop?
Indie- Carmen Rasmussen-- never heard from again, didn't even know she had a CD out. I guess it was released in 2007 Genre- Country

-in season 1 only the top 2 were signed after the season. It seems these people all had decent success in their specific genre but have since faded. Or Carmen who had no success because she signed with an Indie and released it 4 years after the show.

Season 3
J Records/19R - Fantasia Barrino (1)-- mild success right away-- since dropped from 19(but not J Records) has done well on Broadway Genre:R&B
RCA/19R - Diana DeGarmo-- released an album- no success what so ever. Not very popular on the show, despite finishing 2nd. Genre- Pop
Universal - Jasmine Trias (3)-- the oddest signing to date-- not very popular on the show released an album in 2005- it was sold exculsively through Taco Bell and Pizza Hut-- no success Genre:Unknown
World Records (division of Warner) - George Huff (5)--had a CD do well in Gospel-- that's about it. Genre:Gospel
Maverick Records (division of Warner) - John Stevens (6)--Album produced by David Foster (aka old fogie music) did well in Jazz sales-- not in popular music Genre: Jazz
Arista - Jennifer Hudson (7)-- we all know the story with her. Got this plum deal because of "Dreamgirls" Genre: R&B
Indie-LaToya London-- no success
Indie- Jon Peter Lewis -- no success

-so it seems that this season had some stylized success i.e. did well in the genre specific areas, not so much in pop music.

Season 4
Arista/Nashville 19R - Carrie Underwood (1)-- we're all well aware of her success. Most successful contestant to date. Genre: Country
RCA/19R - Bo Bice (2)-- watered down 1st album, turned into more pop, mild success, health issues derailed career for a bit, indie label now with more his style music, successful on the tour circuit Genre: Southern Rock
Arista - Mario Vazquez (quit)-- had that 1 single. Got greedy and thought he could do it on his own--he couldn't.
Constantine, Nadia and Nikko-- not much for these 3 either.... Constantine's now on Broadway, Nadia's an actress I think, and Nikko's back to just being Ozzie Smith's son (which I think is awesome anyway! lol)

-this season had little success. Carrie is huge-- country people do well from this show. Bo is still mildly successful on tour circuit.

Season 5
Arista/19R - Taylor Hicks (1)-- not a very popular winner w/in 19E,somewhat watered down from what he wanted to do, not marketed well, what little success he had was overshadowed by Chris. still records- not much success in pop music. Genre: Blues
RCA/19R - Katharine McPhee (2)-- released album, mild success, successful model/actress, 2nd album coming soon. Juries still out on McPhee Genre: Pop
RCA/19R - Chris Daughtry (4)-- well documented success.. 2nd album out in July we'll see if he can sustain it (I CAN'T WAIT!!) Genre: Rock
BNA/19R - Kellie Pickler (6)-- pretty decent success in country. sustained her career. touring with Taylor Swift. Genre: Country
Lyric (divison of Disney) - Bucky Covington-- had a little bit of success out of the gate, 2nd CD out in September. Juries still out. Genre: Country
EMI - Mandisa (9)-- just released 2nd album (non holiday) doing quite well in Christian world-- not so much in pop world. She looks fabulous now btw! Genre: Gospel
Ace, Paris--- not so much from them, Ace is doing well in tv and won a Grammy.
Elliot-- well documented indie success due to great 1st single-- 2nd album not doing so hot though.

-this season obviously has been the most successful. Like was stated above Elliot was offered a contract from 19 but turned it down. IMO, the reason there were so many signed from this season was because 19 worried about the sales potential of Hicks and McPhee--- they needed more deals to counteract that. Most of them are still around though.

Season 6
Jive/19R - Jordin Sparks (1)-- mild success,prolly due to her genre splitting 1st CD. 2nd CD coming out soon. Juries Out. Genre: Pop/R&B
Arista/19R - Blake Lewis (2)-- actually allowed to put out his kind of album-- didn't sell well. Dropped from his label. Currently working on material (via his Twitter) Genre: Blake-- don't know how to describe it lol
Lyric (divison of Disney) - Phil Stacey (5/6) mild success in Country. will release Christian album this year. Genre: Country/Christian
Mandisa, Lakisha, Chris Sligh and Brondon Rogers signed with Indies--- not much between these guys.

-not very successful season. Only Jordin has done well.

Season 7
RCA/19R - David Cook (1)-- successful, I think he'll sustain it if the material gets better for 2nd album. Seems to be pretty popular tour stop. Genre: Rock
Jive/19R - David Archuleta (2)-- has some success. A few decent singles. Huge overseas. Touring with Demi Lavato. Will most likely stick around. Genre: Pop
Atlantic (division of Warne) - Jason Castro (4)-- Juries still out. Getting great buzz if MJ's is to be believed.
Brooke and Michael signed with Indies--- Juries still out. Brooke getting good buzz though. Haven't much about Michael

-Juries still out on this season. Has a ton of potential. The addition of instruments seems to have helped (GOOD FOR MATT!)

Well, it seems the patterns don't bode well for anybody signed with an Indie label. Only Elliot has had any success going that route and has found it difficult to sustain. Another pattern I've seen is that the season's which seem to be the most successful (1,5,7) seem to have the most post Idol success; while the least successful seasons (3,6) seem to be the least successful post-Idol. I think this bodes well for the season 8 crew. It seems that most of the people who have success right out of the gate, do so because of the popularity of the show then fade away (Ruben,Clay, Fantasia). The ones who sustain the success are very relevant to the music scene now (GOOD FOR MATT!!!!) Then it seems most of these people are successful within their genres but not in popular music, which is why we don't hear about them much. Contestants from Idol need to strike while the iron is hot and not wait around to release their albums-- those contestants are almost never successful (JHud being the exception) Success happens because of good material, good marketing, and fanbase loyalty.

So how does this bode for Matthew. I'm almost 110% sure that he will be signed by a major label. He's 20 times more talented than 95% of the people signed by a major record label.It seems he doesn't have much of a shot with 19, unless they see this season like season 5. Juries still out tho. Whether it's one of the BIG labels we all know remains to be seen-- but I'll say I think he's got a more than good shot. To succeed Matt needs to get with a decent label- one that will nurture him and market him. He needs to release a CD within the next year, year and half. The most important thing is to get in touch with good producers, song writers, and collaborators to work on his stuff. I'd say so far, he's doing an excellent job at this. So everyone say it with me: HE'S GOING TO BE OK!!!!!!!

see--- longest post of all time. But I'm a natural researcher and you put info like this in front of my face and I'm going to analyze it. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...   MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal... - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MTV thinks Matt should be next to get a record deal...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4