Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Record deal?

Go down 
+17
lovethemtigers
brandy1
Heidi
Tie
macigirl
OvenMitt
lumma
meagsmatt
cecilie
2kids3dogs
cranberry
crys7
sgr91
mattyg93
pebbles87
mch
Jenna
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
pebbles87

pebbles87

Record deal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:40 pm

all those quotes sound really good... I just will never for the life of me understand the Gokey obsession... he, to me, is another Taylor Hicks in the making... what kind of record is he gonna make?? I hope Matt ends up being like J. Castro... because like one of those quotes said, it's about the people you have helping you make the record more so than getting one and promoting it... it'll be easier to promote if the material is good. And I hope he isn't signed by 19E, because they're all about making money and turn out crap records just to get them out quickly and bank on the show's popularity... I'd rather wait for a good record people who don't watch the show can enjoy than get one really soon and have it be crap.... But I really wonder why Matt isn't already signed?? What makes any of the Top 4 any better than him? Allison, I can see, because like I said earlier, I think she's destined for super stardom (idk why, I've just got a feeling with her) but the others, especially Danny!?!?!

and wtf is the deal with Billy Joel? how do you cancel last minute when you have a show in Detroit the same night?!?!? he HAD to know this long before they asked him to appear on the show... is he gonna fly on a leer jet to both venues? I don't think so.... sounds kinda rude to me! or is scott just covering something up?
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:46 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
all those quotes sound really good... I just will never for the life of me understand the Gokey obsession... he, to me, is another Taylor Hicks in the making... what kind of record is he gonna make?? I hope Matt ends up being like J. Castro... because like one of those quotes said, it's about the people you have helping you make the record more so than getting one and promoting it... it'll be easier to promote if the material is good. And I hope he isn't signed by 19E, because they're all about making money and turn out crap records just to get them out quickly and bank on the show's popularity... I'd rather wait for a good record people who don't watch the show can enjoy than get one really soon and have it be crap.... But I really wonder why Matt isn't already signed?? What makes any of the Top 4 any better than him? Allison, I can see, because like I said earlier, I think she's destined for super stardom (idk why, I've just got a feeling with her) but the others, especially Danny!?!?!

I thought you could only get signed right after the show if it's by 19E. If you aren't signed by 19E then I think you have to wait until after the tour. That's the impression I always got. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Danny's popularity baffles me too. Maybe he'll do religious music since that's where a huge part of his voting block came from. I see him as someone that might do well on the first album (maybe...) just because his fans seem passionate about him, but they will probably forget him by next year and he'll end up as one of the idols that does a big drop.

Quote :

and wtf is the deal with Billy Joel? how do you cancel last minute when you have a show in Detroit the same night?!?!? he HAD to know this long before they asked him to appear on the show... is he gonna fly on a leer jet to both venues? I don't think so.... sounds kinda rude to me! or is scott just covering something up?

And why does no one acknowledge that Matt was cut out too? Are us Matt fans the only one's that noticed? I haven't ventured into any general idol fan forums recently, because I'd probably puke over all the love for The Bland One.

Last edited by mch on Thu May 21, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Quote :
I watched at a viewing party at the Grammy Museum and the party is still going on at the Nokia Theater. It had been confirmed that Kris, Adam, Gokey and Allison ALL have recording deals in the works that simply need to be signed.

Everyone is very, very happy.

More tomorrow.

Found out why Scott didn't get a duet: he was supposed to sing/play with Billy Joel who cancelled last minute.

All 4 recording deals are within the Idol family labels. But apparently the only LONG term lock-in is for the winner. The rest of the top 13 have a contract that provides a right of first refusal on a first album but they can sign on for more if it is offered. And none of the top 10 can perform anywhere without consent for at least the duration of the tour, if not longer. But the winner's contract is different and longer than the top 10

The bolded part bother's me. Why just those four? Why are we not hearing any rumors that Matt is going to be signed. Danny? How is he revelant to the music world and Matt isn't. Matt has everything...he has an amazing voice both live and recorded, he can accompany himself with an instrument amazingly I might add, piano bands are extremely in right now, he has the looks, he is young, and I can go on and on. I don't want 19E signing him but I can't believe it's not a done deal that he will be signed. Urghhh I've said this before and I'll say probably a 1000 times more...Matt is the most underrated Idol ever!

I love Billy Joel but if we find out he stood Matt up I will be very upset!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Quote :

No Billy has a show tonight in Detroit. Not sure if he had a show last night.

Quote :

I thought you could only get signed right after the show if it's by 19E. If you aren't signed by 19E then I think you have to wait until after the tour. That's the impression I always got. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

No you are correct but it would be nice to at least hear rumors that record labels are interested.

Last edited by Jenna on Thu May 21, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:50 pm

If those four have a definate record deal then it has to be with 19E. I don't think you can have a definate record deal unless it's with 19E, so I take that as a good sign that 19E won't get their claws in Matt. Matt probably could have something off the record, but he probably couldn't talk about it until after the tour.
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Jenna wrote:

No you are correct but it would be nice to at least hear rumors that record labels are interested.

I guess these two quotes are probably the closest thing we have to rumors at the moment:

Quote :
But I also got the sense that people like Matt, Anoop, Lil, Scott and Alexis could wind up with albums and that Randy might produce Lil.

It was sorta like a feeding frenzy for this year's contestants doing tons of interviews and getting introduced to everyone in A&R, managers, etc.

At least we know there's interest. We just don't know how much interest since this is second hand info and they didn't elaborate on what level of interest Matt, Anoop, Lil, and Scott got unfortunatly. Did Matt say something about getting offers already during some of his exit interviews?I thought I remembered him saying something, but I don't know if he was talking about celebrities offering help or record deals.

It would be nice if he could insinuate something in his Twitter. I don't want him to get into any type of trouble for talking about something he's not supposed to though. It just would be nice to know something, especially after the whole duet fiasco. I think we all could do with some good news.

Last edited by mch on Thu May 21, 2009 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:08 pm

[/quote]

At least we know there's interest. We just don't know how much interest since this is second hand info and they didn't elaborate on what level of interest Matt, Anoop, Lil, and Scott got unfortunatly. Did Matt say something about getting offers already during some of his exit interviews?I thought I remembered him saying something, but I don't know if he was talking about celebrities offering help or record deals.[/quote]

you're right about what I said about "already signed" I should have worded that differently.. I meant that if the other 4 already have deals that just need to be signed (by 19 because they are the only ones who can sign them before the tour like you guys said) why hasn't Matt been offered the same thing??? And I think he was talking more about celebrities helping him out.. I know someone I specifically head him mention Joel Maddon saying something about coming over and jammin together or something along those lines... I don't know if any other record company would talk to a contestant before they knew if they would be signed by 19 or not? And if Danny gets a record deal, Matt will... there is just no way he'd get one and Matt wouldn't... I've decided the reason Danny will get one is this: he's VERY popular for some reason... he had a BIG fanbase on the show and 19E knows that regardless of the product (cuz let's face it, his CD will most likely suck) it will sell and make money... then they can dump him like they did the rest of the contestants they've signed in the past...
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:25 pm

I am so confused right now with all this info.

First up:
Please someone clarify this:
So Scott was the one dueting with Billy Joel? Only him or has someone confirmed that Matt was going to be in that too?

I mean Matt was #5 and Scott #8, so Matt should probably get more preference when looking for a duet partner. As I said, I just can't for the life of me believe that no one was interested in working with Matt.It breaks my heart. Couldn't they find someone suitable for him? There are plenty of current artist that could fit with Matt's style. So many options ( Gavin, The Fray, One Republic, John Mayer).

Second:
I can't believe for the life of me that Danny already has a record deal waiting to be signed and Matt doesn't. What kind of music is Danny going to make? Gospel? Christian? I guess he will sell to his followers but he won't be successful on the radio or the mainstream scene. So I don't see why would 19 be interested in him at all.

It's obvious to me that 19 is not interested in Matt because of the finale fiasco, but still.... There should be rumors going on about someone interested in signing him outside Idol.
I am so worried about his future because I know how much he wants this. And I also know how so many past constestants failed and are forgotten with time. But Matt is special! Please Kara, give him some contacts!

You guys, remember his audition? He said: "This is BIG, This is BIG.. I feel like I got it in me!
"But I need to be seen"
Gah.. I am crying again. He s I can't help but remember his Hollywood performance where the judges gave him a standing ovation and he said: "I couldn't wait to play in front of them". "It's awesome".
It was so surreal for him.

I missed those days. He looked so hopeful and happy. I also miss his old look.
Remember his curls, his t-shirts jeans and vest? He looked so full of hope and dreams. Sigh...
I think Matt should get rid of the fedoras for a while and show his curls again. I miss them so much, maybe that will bring luck again.

Sorry about the rumblings I just get emotional thinking about this roller coaster ride Matt got into. I don't care who he signs with, I just want to see this story end on a happy note.

Matty G I will pray for you.
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Quote :
I meant that if the other 4 already have deals that just need to be signed (by 19 because they are the only ones who can sign them before the tour like you guys said) why hasn't Matt been offered the same thing???

In all of Matt's post idol interviews he has always described the type of music he wants to make as the type that idol kept telling him not to do. 19E wants someone that will do what they want. My guess is they gave up on him, because he stood his ground and refused to compromise what type of album he wants to put out. Plus, I still think The Bland One took Matt's spot in more ways then one. 19E might not want to market two artists. Their winner has the artist label, and maybe they just don't want to deal with anyone else more talented then their winner that might steal his spotlight.

Hopefully, some of those celebrities can help him get a deal. I just feel much better after reading about the reaction Matt got with the crowd after the finale (http://myidol.americanidol.com/go/thread/view/32575/14656825/After_the_Finale_Last_Night), and the party comments that show there is some interest in him. The show (and 19E) may treat him like he's invisible, but at least we know he's not invisible to the fans or to whoever showed interest in him at the party.
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Quote :
So Scott was the one dueting with Billy Joel? Only him or has someone confirmed that Matt was going to be in that too?

No one's confirmed that Matt was supposed to sing with Billy Joel too. But a lot of fans were speculating that Matt was supposed to be involved since there's zero information out there who Matt was supposedly going to duet with and we all know he had a duet because of his Twitter post.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:40 pm

mch wrote:

In all of Matt's post idol interviews he has always described the type of music he wants to make as the type that idol kept telling him not to do. 19E wants someone that will do what they want. My guess is they gave up on him, because he stood his ground and refused to compromise what type of album he wants to put out. Plus, I still think The Bland One took Matt's spot in more ways then one. 19E might not want to market two artists. Their winner has the artist label, and maybe they just don't want to deal with anyone else more talented then their winner that might steal his spotlight.

I never thought of it that way, but I think you just hit the nail on the head... at this point it's obvious to anyone with ears that Matt's got more talent (withhis voice and piano skills) in one finger than Kris has in his entire, albeit very small framed, body.. if 19E signed Matt, he might (and probably would) have a better record than Kris, it'd be more versatile than every song being an acoustic jam session at a bbq (and any time Kris speeds things up, he turns into a trainwreck!) ... can't have that! And while we're comparing Matt and Kris... looking at Kris, I don't see a superstar... he's just the aww shucks kinda guy next door who wears too many t-shirts... Matt's got style, swagger, confidence, and gosh darnit he's 940,303 times sexier than Kris ever will be!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:53 pm

Quote :
I never thought of it that way, but I think you just hit the nail on the head... at this point it's obvious to anyone with ears that Matt's got more talent (withhis voice and piano skills) in one finger than Kris has in his entire, albeit very small framed, body.. if 19E signed Matt, he might (and probably would) have a better record than Kris, it'd be more versatile than every song being an acoustic jam session at a bbq (and any time Kris speeds things up, he turns into a trainwreck!) ... can't have that! And while we're comparing Matt and Kris... looking at Kris, I don't see a superstar... he's just the aww shucks kinda guy next door who wears too many t-shirts... Matt's got style, swagger, confidence, and gosh darnit he's 940,303 times sexier than Kris ever will be!

And all this is why for the life of me I can't figure out how in the hell Kris won and beat Matt especially? I don't get the Kris love at all. He is extremely limited in not just genre of music he can sing but in his vocal ability as well. He can sing what 3 notes? For me watching him perform was like watching paint dry.

IMO I think it's partly where Kris comes from. I mean shit the guy got 38 million votes in his hometown alone during the finale. Matt just couldn't compete with that. He's from Michigan not the south. That's why there have been more winners from the south than anywhere else. IMO AI really needs to do something about the voting. They need to limit it. This is not a talent show but a popularity contest and whose fanbase can vote harder and faster. There should be a five to ten limit per phone line. It would be interesting to see who would have won if it was done that way.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:26 am

Posting this in all the popular threads:

GO TO THE GD on AI Site & SIGN THE PETITION FOR A STUDIO RECORDING OF BMW!

http://myidol.americanidol.com/go/thread/view/32575/14644578/WHY_DIDNT_MATT_GET_A_SOLO&sort_order=DESC
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:51 pm

Don't know where to put this but
I'm so pissed after reading(should never visit any sites) that The Bland One hopes his album will be pop-rock in the vein of the Fray and Gavin DeGraw..
What? WHAT? Dynamics?Passion?? No
Sorry for being a bitter bitch right now.
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:05 pm

cranberry wrote:
I'm so pissed after reading(should never visit any sites) that The Bland One hopes his album will be pop-rock in the vein of the Fray and Gavin DeGraw..

What the Freak? He isn't that great of a piano player!
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:44 pm

2kids3dogs wrote:
cranberry wrote:

What the Freak? He isn't that great of a piano player!

Does he have such a small identity of his own that he has to spend every waking moment stealing other peoples identity? I guess it worked for him on the show. Maybe that's all he knows how to do.

eta:

Everytime I think I'm over The Bland One he does something like this. He never once hinted at being interested in that type of stuff before. He latched onto Matt ever since they were in White Chocolate together and has leeched off of him ever since. I'm so pissed off right now... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:08 pm

cranberry wrote:

Are you fing kidding me? Wow, sorry Kris you are no Matt Giraud! Geesh when did he ever perform songs like Gavin Degraw or the Fray on AI? For pete's sake everything he did was acoustic. And sorry he doesn't play the piano very well either. I will never understand for the life of me how that guy ever won!
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:13 pm

cranberry wrote:

Where did u read this?
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: So true - Kris is NO Matt   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:29 pm

I couldn't agree more. Read all your posts with great interest - it took me some time to figure out who the hell this The Bland One is - so forgive me for not being able to follow all your posts!
First of all – I am sure that the main reason for Kris winning AI must be demographics and geography – honestly I find him slightly boring – and as interesting as the guy next door – I never really got him as a person and I never really saw his passion for music. I never felt his presence on the AI shows that I’ve seen.. IMO the wife-card (Simons comment) was brought on so early as if to make some kind of a statement and to sort of drag the attention towards the “sweet little wife” of his! Nothing hotter than a straight, married guy that can sing or what ?!?!
When I comes to Matt it has been said before – but he really is a true artist and a multi-talent! Not only is he a fab singer, he plays a number of instruments, is self-taught, he arranged all of his AI performances himself and I can understand why he was a bit surprised and disappointed that none of judges ever commented on this. If that is not artistry I don’t know what is. He really has the whole package – being able to write, sing and perform – and you really feel his presence and his deep love for music. It appears to be his whole life – you could really sense this through the interviews.
I am kind of happy he did not win this idol circus – I really believe him when he said that he never came on Idol to win – at first I didn’t get this – but AI is not as much a talent show as it is a popularity contest (as he also put it himself). He prob never set out to be an idol - he just wanted to establish some sort of platform for his music.
So actually I am not worried about his future – He will do great - my only slight concern would be his apparent lack of confidence. I think Simon was right at the aud – Matt has to believe in himself and he has all the reasons in the world to do so
Very Happy Exclamation
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:30 pm

cranberry wrote:

Do you remember where you read this?? Grrrrrrr!
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:15 pm

cranberry wrote:

That's wrong... that's just so wrong. I often expressed my hatred to The Bland One (good name btw) so blatantly on AI forum so I probably pissed off some Kratt fans over there. I did not want to be the bad representation of bitter Matt fan so I have been trying my hardest to keep it to myself since one point. But come on??? Why are you like that Bland One? Why do you keep doing things that remind me of Matt? How in the world can I not think he's taking things away from Matt? My seething hatred knows no limit. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:20 pm

cranberry wrote:

This is just wow! Does Kris not realize he doesn't have enough talent to do this? He's got to realize that this is the exact album Matt wants to make right? He can't think he's more talented than Matt! Matt's got more talent in his pinky finger than Kris does in his very small framed body! hmm ok Kris because put up against Matt in the real world with no nerves, no biased judges, TPTB manipulation you most certainly will not win in that talent contest. IMO, Kris is making the mistake most Idol contestant makes… making an album w/o having his musical identity mapped out. This isn't what his fans fell in love with on the show. (Can you imagine if he had sung "You Found Me" instead of Matt??? Shocked ) He's essentially screwing himself before his career is even started! Anytime he sped things up, (All She Wants to Do Is Dance, Come Together, Renegade, the 1st MJ song he sang that was so boring and bland I can't remember what it was) it was TERRIBLE!!!! Like really bad... his vocal limitations prevent him from being able to do this! Is this the record 19E is telling him he’s going to make, because if it is hello “dropped after his 1st record” meet Kris Allen.

ok, Kris Allen rant done!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:31 pm

I guess I'm in the minority in that I don't hate Kris. I truly believe that its 19E who is telling him what to say. This is the niche that AI wants for him - look at what Kara picked for him to sing (apologize). While I agree its like they ripped off what Matt wants to do, I really believe other's besides Kris are behind this. He just doesn't strike me as that calculating. Having said that, if 19E is backing this, I think its obvious that they wont be signing Matt - doubt they want to put the 2 head to head for the same market.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:43 pm

[quote="sgr91"]I guess I'm in the minority in that I don't hate Kris. I truly believe that its 19E who is telling him what to say. This is the niche that AI wants for him - look at what Kara picked for him to sing (apologize). While I agree its like they ripped off what Matt wants to do, I really believe other's besides Kris are behind this. He just doesn't strike me as that calculating. Having said that, if 19E is backing this, I think its obvious that they wont be signing Matt - doubt they want to put the 2 head to head for the same market.[/quote]

I suppose they could surprise us, but I think you're right. If it happens to be that the top 4 are signed, they are all SO different and will put on different albums. From what the reports we see have been telling us, Kris and Matt will be REALLY alike, and I don't think they would have them go against each other. Who know's though? Still early to tell I suppose.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:53 pm

if you guys are right and this is 19E telling him this is the album he'll make (which is VERY possible because they pretty much have free reign with what they do with these kids 1st albums!) and they do sign Matt... Matt will probably not get what he wants and will put out the record he doesn't want to make... and it WILL be different than Kris's. So they could feasibly sign both of them and get different products. And if it isn't Kris's intention but more 19E, than you're right, they won't sign Matt and/or Matt won't want to sign with them and go a different way. They won't let Matt make the same record as Kris and Matt won't want to be put into that box he hated while on the show!!!

This whole "will he get a record deal or won't he" is really frustrating and confusing.... I just wish they'd tell him and us whether or not they're gonna sign him so I can move on with my life and quit worrying! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record deal?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next