Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Record deal?

Go down 
+17
lovethemtigers
brandy1
Heidi
Tie
macigirl
OvenMitt
lumma
meagsmatt
cecilie
2kids3dogs
cranberry
crys7
sgr91
mattyg93
pebbles87
mch
Jenna
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

Record deal? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:08 am

I tried finding the article and had no luck : ( Anyways, I find it really interesting for him to say he wants to be an artist like Gavin or The Fray. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I didn't pay that much attention to him throughout the season, but did he ever mention this on Idol before? In actuality, I guess it's NOT a big deal that he wants to sound like them, he can do whatever he wants. But, really, Matt said that the entire competition! I understand that it's every man for themselves but all of them are trying to make a name for themselves, and it's just ODD that NOW he says this. It's strange because watching on the show I guess I never got the feel of what type of music Kris would do post Idol, since he knid of did a unique mix of changing around a bunch of different songs. I really wonder if he has some influence (at least a little bit) from TPTB about the artist that they want him to become that will makes lots of CASH for them. I just really hope that Matt doesn't get overshadowed because his voice and music are phenomenal and just because he didn't win the competition does not mean he cannot be a very successful artist.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 am

pebbles87 wrote:
Quote :
if you guys are right and this is 19E telling him this is the album he'll make (which is VERY possible because they pretty much have free reign with what they do with these kids 1st albums!) and they do sign Matt... Matt will probably not get what he wants and will put out the record he doesn't want to make... and it WILL be different than Kris's. So they could feasibly sign both of them and get different products.
And if it isn't Kris's intention but more 19E, than you're right, they won't sign Matt and/or Matt won't want to sign with them and go a different way. They won't let Matt make the same record as Kris and Matt won't want to be put into that box he hated while on the show!!!

This whole "will he get a record deal or won't he" is really frustrating and confusing.... I just wish they'd tell him and us whether or not they're gonna sign him so I can move on with my life and quit worrying! lol!

This has been my fear all along and I think I have been quite vocal about it. I am praying 19 Evil doesn't sign him! I would hate to see Matt unhappy with the music they would force him into making. I also cannot abide R&B music especially in the vein of Justin Timberlake. PLEASE GOD NO! I want the music Matt has been saying that he wants to create...soulful piano rock. If 19 Evil signs him then he will be shoved so far down into the R&B box he won't be able to breathe.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:46 am

crys7 wrote:
cranberry wrote:
Don't know where to put this but
I'm so pissed after reading(should never visit any sites) that The Bland One hopes his album will be pop-rock in the vein of the Fray and Gavin DeGraw..
What? WHAT? Dynamics?Passion?? No
Sorry for being a bitter bitch right now.

Where did u read this?
Somebody was referring to a Billboard.biz article "American Idol hits a High Note" in MJ's and IDF.

Last edited by cranberry on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:09 am

meagsmatt wrote:
I tried finding the article and had no luck : ( Anyways, I find it really interesting for him to say he wants to be an artist like Gavin or The Fray. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I didn't pay that much attention to him throughout the season, but did he ever mention this on Idol before? In actuality, I guess it's NOT a big deal that he wants to sound like them, he can do whatever he wants. But, really, Matt said that the entire competition! I understand that it's every man for themselves but all of them are trying to make a name for themselves, and it's just ODD that NOW he says this. It's strange because watching on the show I guess I never got the feel of what type of music Kris would do post Idol, since he knid of did a unique mix of changing around a bunch of different songs. I really wonder if he has some influence (at least a little bit) from TPTB about the artist that they want him to become that will makes lots of CASH for them. I just really hope that Matt doesn't get overshadowed because his voice and music are phenomenal and just because he didn't win the competition does not mean he cannot be a very successful artist.

I did some investigating on AI's official site to find out the answer to your question... because I too didn't know the answer. Some of the artists he mentions are Jamie Cullum and Kelly Clarkson (as his fav. artists.. I don't really know the kind of music JC makes... soo?) Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Garth Brooks (his influences... hmm no where near piano rock huh?) Paul McCartney as someone he'd like to work with... no mentions of anything piano rock like. This really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things... but I also find it odd that in all the post-show interviews he's been doing, he's mostly been doing some acoustic rock jams... not really the piano soul gig he's now apparently going for.... interesting this Kris Allen kid!

although on a side note, for the question asked "If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?" he replied "I wish I had chest hair!" which for some reason made me laugh... a) because he doesn't have even a little bit of chest hair at 24 and b) because he would tell people he wished he had chest hair! wow

and another side note because I'm bored and can't sleep: I found this http://votefortheworst.com/?q=20090531/chris_sligh_about_sign_major_label_deal if Chris mother freakin Sligh can get a MAJOR label to back him... Matt certainly can... there has never been a more overrated, more full of himself contestant ever on American Idol than Chris Sligh... seriously??? Chris Sligh?? major record company?
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:40 am

pebbles87 wrote:
meagsmatt wrote:

I did some investigating on AI's official site to find out the answer to your question... because I too didn't know the answer. Some of the artists he mentions are Jamie Cullum and Kelly Clarkson (as his fav. artists.. I don't really know the kind of music JC makes... soo?) Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Garth Brooks (his influences... hmm no where near piano rock huh?) Paul McCartney as someone he'd like to work with... no mentions of anything piano rock like. This really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things... but I also find it odd that in all the post-show interviews he's been doing, he's mostly been doing some acoustic rock jams... not really the piano soul gig he's now apparently going for.... interesting this Kris Allen kid!

although on a side note, for the question asked "If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?" he replied "I wish I had chest hair!" which for some reason made me laugh... a) because he doesn't have even a little bit of chest hair at 24 and b) because he would tell people he wished he had chest hair! wow

and another side note because I'm bored and can't sleep: I found this http://votefortheworst.com/?q=20090531/chris_sligh_about_sign_major_label_deal if Chris mother freakin Sligh can get a MAJOR label to back him... Matt certainly can... there has never been a more overrated, more full of himself contestant ever on American Idol than Chris Sligh... seriously??? Chris Sligh?? major record company?

CHris Sligh has a major label backing him up? Really
?
I thought he did his album on an indie Christian label. he did not sell that much regardless.

I also think 19 doesn't have any interest in signing Matt because they will focus all their efforts on the success of Kris and Adam.
I am sure Allison will get signed too because she is different than the Top 2, she is a girl, she is a teenager and she is marketable. As simple as that.

So we might as well be prepared to wait until the tour is over to see if Matt has any recording offers. I sure hope so, I can't believe record executives out there will let pass someone as talented and current as Matt. Just saying.

I still believe Matt will pull a Jason Castro and a year from now we will hear he got signed by another major label as Atlantic Records or Columbia.
Praying that this happens. Sigh...
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:51 am

[quote="pebbles87"]
meagsmatt wrote:

and another side note because I'm bored and can't sleep: I found this http://votefortheworst.com/?q=20090531/chris_sligh_about_sign_major_label_deal if Chris mother freakin Sligh can get a MAJOR label to back him... Matt certainly can... there has never been a more overrated, more full of himself contestant ever on American Idol than Chris Sligh... seriously??? Chris Sligh?? major record company?[/quote]

I thought the EXACT same thing as you when I saw this! There has to be plenty of hope! Oh and thanks for trying to search for my answer! I knew I had never heard him/read that he had said any of that. Just Matt : ) I bet TPTB are having a field day toying around with what they want to form Kris into and how he can make them the most money. Talk about treating someone like a puppet!
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 pm

ok so I saw over at MJ's that supposedly Kris is signing with Jive (I guess she comes to this conclusion because his single is listed as 19/Jive) which is focused more on youth oriented talent and the R&B acts. Others listed from Jive are Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Jordin Sparks and David Archuleta. All of these acts (with the exception of Archie) are more R&B like she said and aren't really "piano soul rock"... maybe this gives some clues as to what record he will be making? It also says that Adam looks to be signing with RCA which houses the likes of Daughtry, David Cook and Kelly Clarkson (aka the most successful of the Idols) who all have a more rock edge to them, which would make some sense because they basically told Adam he was a "rock god" and that was the kind of record he should make. What makes me feel like they're gonna let Adam have a lot more free reign for his album than they are for Kris???

and the more I read about the likes of Chris Sligh (seriously if I have to hear him on the radio, I'll punch a baby! he's soo annoying!) and Jason Castro (I know some of you really like him but IMO he's soo much less talented than Matt) getting signed by major record companies, the more confident I become that EVENTUALLY (maybe not as quick as we all want) Matt will get signed by a major label. Maybe he'll get signed by RCA and not Jive so the Kris/Matt comparisons won't be under the same label... just the same management? I don't know.... but if this is direction they're going I'm sure we can bank on Allison signing with RCA as well because she'll def. make a pretty good rocker album....
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:57 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
ok so I saw over at MJ's that supposedly Kris is signing with Jive (I guess she comes to this conclusion because his single is listed as 19/Jive) which is focused more on youth oriented talent and the R&B acts. Others listed from Jive are Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Jordin Sparks and David Archuleta. All of these acts (with the exception of Archie) are more R&B like she said and aren't really "piano soul rock"... maybe this gives some clues as to what record he will be making? It also says that Adam looks to be signing with RCA which houses the likes of Daughtry, David Cook and Kelly Clarkson (aka the most successful of the Idols) who all have a more rock edge to them, which would make some sense because they basically told Adam he was a "rock god" and that was the kind of record he should make. What makes me feel like they're gonna let Adam have a lot more free reign for his album than they are for Kris???

and the more I read about the likes of Chris Sligh (seriously if I have to hear him on the radio, I'll punch a baby! he's soo annoying!) and Jason Castro (I know some of you really like him but IMO he's soo much less talented than Matt) getting signed by major record companies, the more confident I become that EVENTUALLY (maybe not as quick as we all want) Matt will get signed by a major label. Maybe he'll get signed by RCA and not Jive so the Kris/Matt comparisons won't be under the same label... just the same management? I don't know.... but if this is direction they're going I'm sure we can bank on Allison signing with RCA as well because she'll def. make a pretty good rocker album....

Yeah.. I am pretty sure RCA is interested in Allison.
Howard Benson who worked with Daughtry and Kelly Clarkson said he was interested in working with her.
Man.. I hope some other big name producer is interested in working with Matt.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:58 pm

pebbles87 wrote:

Uh....let Kris be signed to Jive. Please! That would be just fine with me. If they want to make Kris into a watered-down, poppy fad, cool. Do it, with my blessing! That's prolly the label they would have put Matt onto if he'd won (JT?), so LET KRIS HAVE IT!!. Let Adam have RCA, with all it's world-dominating rockers. I salute your tenacity, Adam! Have Allison, too....she can be Baby Clarkson. This is actually exciting news, because guess what other label is in Sony's portfolio? Epic Records. Check it out- Epic has Good Charlotte, Sara Bareilles, The Fray, Natasha Bedingfield. THAT sounds like a good label for Matt. We already know that Matt has made connections with Benji Madden, and that the viewers LOVED his rendition of YFM, so this could be a real possibility. If Kris signing with Jive is true, then I can already see what they are aiming at. Make Kris into a pop version of soul music (aka folk!) that teens can digest and relate to. Because that's where Kris' sweet spot is: the teens. Matt is more complex and serious about his music (from what I've seen, not to discount Kris' devotion to music, he just seems more 'eh, whatever' than Matt) which is more appealing to 20 to 40 year old (read: monetarily endowed and long-term fan material!) audiences. Just like, say, Natasha Bedingfield or The Fray.

So, if Matt does stay with 19E, let's pray that he signs with Epic. That way, there won't be a direct market conflict with Kris, and Matt will have more wiggle room to create the kind of music that he's passionate about.

Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:08 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
pebbles87 wrote:

Uh....let Kris be signed to Jive. Please! That would be just fine with me. If they want to make Kris into a watered-down, poppy fad, cool. Do it, with my blessing! That's prolly the label they would have put Matt onto if he'd won (JT?), so LET KRIS HAVE IT!!. Let Adam have RCA, with all it's world-dominating rockers. I salute your tenacity, Adam! Have Allison, too....she can be Baby Clarkson. This is actually exciting news, because guess what other label is in Sony's portfolio? Epic Records. Check it out- Epic has Good Charlotte, Sara Bareilles, The Fray, Natasha Bedingfield. THAT sounds like a good label for Matt. We already know that Matt has made connections with Benji Madden, and that the viewers LOVED his rendition of YFM, so this could be a real possibility. If Kris signing with Jive is true, then I can already see what they are aiming at. Make Kris into a pop version of soul music (aka folk!) that teens can digest and relate to. Because that's where Kris' sweet spot is: the teens. Matt is more complex and serious about his music (from what I've seen, not to discount Kris' devotion to music, he just seems more 'eh, whatever' than Matt) which is more appealing to 20 to 40 year old (read: monetarily endowed and long-term fan material!) audiences. Just like, say, Natasha Bedingfield or The Fray.

So, if Matt does stay with 19E, let's pray that he signs with Epic. That way, there won't be a direct market conflict with Kris, and Matt will have more wiggle room to create the kind of music that he's passionate about.

Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!

this made me giddy!!!! Yay OvenMitt!!! you put me in a good mood! You're right about all this. Jive seems to be more watered down bubble gum not really "artistry" (that word again!) (with maybe the exception of JT's last album) all about the teens.... perfectly suited for Kris. RCA is all money and no substance- again perfectly suited for Adam. Those artists signed to Epic are substance, maybe not superstardom but hold credibility and popularity in the biz- perfectly suited for Matt!! Ok now I've changed my mind, I want no NEED Matt to sign with 19E/Epic!

like you always say: Screw the win, Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!!

-that seriously should be like a national slogan or something... it's soo good! you should copyright it!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Okay, okay, okay.....

So I looked more into this Epic Records situation, and I know I'm basing all this on specultaion, but just bear with me.

Thanks, Wikipedia, for helping to feed my obsession. Note that Epic started out as a jazz label, and then branched out to R&B/rock & roll, taking on burgeoning artists rather than more popular, established artists. They have a long history of finding talents and making them well-known. This is what we want for Matt, a label that will nurture him and guide him towards success in the right way, the respectable way. So, here's a VERY partial list of past and present Epic artists. I list these acts specifically, because they seem to be representative of all of Matt's facets and capabilities:

Fiona Apple
George Clinton
Creed
Ben Folds
Ginuwine
Macy Gray
Jamiroquai
Michael Jackson (yup, THE Michael Jackson!)
George Michael
Oasis
Pearl Jam
Sade
Shakira
Stevie Ray Vaughan

There are tons more on that list, but almost all of Epic's artists have that "Talented, serious musicians, with major star potential that won't be exploited, respected in the industry" vibe. I wish I could just call up Epic and demand they sign Matt, but alas, I think I'll have to settle for prayer!

One other thing: Epic just named a new president back in January. Her name is Amanda Ghost. She is a former UK popstar who had modest success. She also wrote "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, "Beautiful Liar" by Shakira/Beyonce, as well as songs for Beyonce's newest album (we all know how popular THAT album is right now!). She's also young. I wonder if she's accquainted with Kara, and if so, can Kara get Matt a meeting with this woman? It NEEDS to happen! If you are listening, Amanda Ghost:

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:37 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Okay, okay, okay.....

So I looked more into this Epic Records situation, and I know I'm basing all this on specultaion, but just bear with me.

Thanks, Wikipedia, for helping to feed my obsession. Note that Epic started out as a jazz label, and then branched out to R&B/rock & roll, taking on burgeoning artists rather than more popular, established artists. They have a long history of finding talents and making them well-known. This is what we want for Matt, a label that will nurture him and guide him towards success in the right way, the respectable way. So, here's a VERY partial list of past and present Epic artists. I list these acts specifically, because they seem to be representative of all of Matt's facets and capabilities:

Fiona Apple
George Clinton
Creed
Ben Folds
Ginuwine
Macy Gray
Jamiroquai
George Michael
Oasis
Pearl Jam
Sade
Shakira
Stevie Ray Vaughan

There are tons more on that list, but almost all of Epic's artists have that "Talented, serious musicians, with major star potential that won't be exploited, respected in the industry" vibe. I wish I could just call up Epic and demand they sign Matt, but alas, I think I'll have to settle for prayer!

One other thing: Epic just named a new president back in January. Her name is Amanda Ghost. She is a former UK popstar who had modest success. She also wrote "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, "Beautiful Liar" by Shakira/Beyonce, as well as songs for Beyonce's newest album (we all know how popular THAT album is right now!). She's also young. I wonder if she's accquainted with Kara, and if so, can Kara get Matt a meeting with this woman? It NEEDS to happen! If you are listening, Amanda Ghost:

don't ya just love/hate wikipedia for feeding the addiction! I'm glad you posted this because in the other thread I just posted that I didn't think it would be that horrible if 19E signed Matt by way of Epic. Matt could have the success of all these acts. They're all well known and successful but not superstars like Britney, JT, or Beyonce. The one guy on this list that I hope Matt mirrors is Stevie Ray Vaughan, who is one of my obsessions in music! He had a pretty decent fanbase while he was alive. People knew who he was but he was never a superstar guitar player like E.Van Halen. He was extremely well respected within the music business. I don't think Matt wants to be this HUGE celebrity like Justin. I honestly feel like he just wants to make music, move people, and be respected by his peers. I think it's us, his fans, who desire superstardom and multi-platinum success!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:03 pm

I agree that 19E/Epic would be an amazing combo for Matt.
It's like the best of both worlds. And I can totally see Matt fitting right there with the roster of artists they have. Let's pray guys that he does get an offer soon or at least Kara or Randy arrange some meetings for him.
If Kris is with Jive and Adam with RCA (and maybe Allison with RCA too) then there is a possibility that Epic might be interested in Matt. I hope! Please!
I don't see Danny signing with any of those but with a Christian label. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks Oven Mitt for your scenario! I am sitting in a hotel room by myself worrying for Matt. I'm exhausted from this. pale

Matt twittered a picture he took on the beach today. I laughed because he is frolicking on the beach and I am fretting for his future.

So I needed these hopeful posts. I vow to start enjoying this journey of Matt's again......or I won't make it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:25 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Okay, okay, okay.....

Fiona Apple
George Clinton
Creed
Ben Folds
Ginuwine
Macy Gray
Jamiroquai
George Michael
Oasis
Pearl Jam
Sade
Shakira
Stevie Ray Vaughan

don't ya just love/hate wikipedia for feeding the addiction! I'm glad you posted this because in the other thread I just posted that I didn't think it would be that horrible if 19E signed Matt by way of Epic. Matt could have the success of all these acts. They're all well known and successful but not superstars like Britney, JT, or Beyonce. The one guy on this list that I hope Matt mirrors is Stevie Ray Vaughan, who is one of my obsessions in music! He had a pretty decent fanbase while he was alive. People knew who he was but he was never a superstar guitar player like E.Van Halen. He was extremely well respected within the music business. I don't think Matt wants to be this HUGE celebrity like Justin. I honestly feel like he just wants to make music, move people, and be respected by his peers. I think it's us, his fans, who desire superstardom and multi-platinum success!

I think you have a point about him not wanting to be a huge celeb! That has really been a feeling that I've had since the beginning of the show. He is just not that kind of person to want all the bling bling! I actually think that he would be torn if not being able to play the piano at his fav place (don't recall the name) because of screaming fans. He seems to be the kind of person who needs to stay grounded - and I hope he will - I just adore his kind, humble and sort of shy approach to people. That is SO rare! I just hope that he does recognize his own potentiel - because he has got it ALL.

And then here's lookin' at you OvenMitt:
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:33 pm

macigirl wrote:
Thanks Oven Mitt for your scenario! I am sitting in a hotel room by myself worrying for Matt. I'm exhausted from this. pale

Matt twittered a picture he took on the beach today. I laughed because he is frolicking on the beach and I am fretting for his future.

So I needed these hopeful posts. I vow to start enjoying this journey of Matt's again......or I won't make it!! Smile

Okay - you had me rushing to check my twitter because of the word beach and Matt in the same post Very Happy I know this is the serious record thread Smile - but wth - i am also an oldie but goodie stalker on the lookout for some shirtless Matt
Back to top Go down
Tie

Tie

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:38 pm

I could just be too optimistic here, but I truly believe Matt will be signed (I hope not by 19E). I also truly believe that he has picked up some big time celebrity fans. I really can see several well known artists supporting his career and dueting with him on his debut album. If that were to happen, Matt will have it made.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Tie wrote:
I could just be too optimistic here, but I truly believe Matt will be signed (I hope not by 19E). I also truly believe that he has picked up some big time celebrity fans. I really can see several well known artists supporting his career and dueting with him on his debut album. If that were to happen, Matt will have it made.

I really hope you are right. I am also optimistic that he will get signed eventually and I am almost 95% sure 19 will not sign him if they sign Allison. Too many people to support.
But it won't matter if he pulls a Jason Castro by next year with a major label. But I am still hoping Epic has some interest in him. Someone as talented as Matt just has to get a record deal after that exposure. Come on! It would be a shame to see Matt playing on piano bars again two years from now.

What worried me a bit at the moment is that there seems to be so much buzz currently about Allison getting signed and not word about Matt. But.. I'll guess I just need to be patient and be positive which I will be.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:06 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Tie wrote:

I really hope you are right. I am also optimistic that he will get signed eventually and I am almost 95% sure 19 will not sign him if they sign Allison. Too many people to support.
But it won't matter if he pulls a Jason Castro by next year with a major label. But I am still hoping Epic has some interest in him. Someone as talented as Matt just has to get a record deal after that exposure. Come on! It would be a shame to see Matt playing on piano bars again two years from now.

What worried me a bit at the moment is that there seems to be so much buzz currently about Allison getting signed and not word about Matt. But.. I'll guess I just need to be patient and be positive which I will be.

Maybe I'm just so anti-Gokey (or so Matt obsessed) that I can't see his appeal but I actually feel like he will (or at least should) be the odd man out as far as the Top 5 is concerned. There is just zero mass appeal for Danny Gokey. And I think it's going to be hard for him to make any music unless it's Christian... what's always bothered me about Danny is that he seems to be in this to get his foundation more press and not so much about music. He's always talking about Sophie's Heart more than he is about the album he wants to be out.... seems fishy to me!

But anywhozers, I can see Kris going to Jive, Adam and Allison going to RCA, and *Hopefully* Matt going to Epic. Then Danny signing with some Christian label. But I'm almost 100% that all 5 of them will get record deals- major or indy. If my memory is correct- back in season 5 Chris D. and Pickler didn't have record deals until mid-l July... it was obvious they were gonna sign him, so I'd say if we don't hear anything before the end of July, then I'd start worrying!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 pm

I agree about Danny 100%. Don't see his appeal AT ALL. Did you see his idolatry video - he couldn't string a sentence together. I found it interesting that b4 idol, all he knew were gospel songs. He has very little music experience and his exposure has been very sheltered so I am curious how he could possibly create music. I agree that the only thing i see coming from him is Christian music but those guys don't usually get singed to major record labels. I forget the name of the producer (but he produces Daughtry) and he apparently said that he did not see Danny being successful after idol (michael slezak mentioned it on idolatry).
Back to top Go down
Heidi

Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:50 pm

sgr91 wrote:
I agree about Danny 100%. Don't see his appeal AT ALL. Did you see his idolatry video - he couldn't string a sentence together. I found it interesting that b4 idol, all he knew were gospel songs. He has very little music experience and his exposure has been very sheltered so I am curious how he could possibly create music. I agree that the only thing i see coming from him is Christian music but those guys don't usually get singed to major record labels. I forget the name of the producer (but he produces Daughtry) and he apparently said that he did not see Danny being successful after idol (michael slezak mentioned it on idolatry).

I totally agree with you. I couldn't even watch his idolatry. Paint drying would have been more entertaining. He couldn't speak. He couldn't form a sentence. There was no laughing. It felt very uncomfortable. I had to turn it off. I watched about 4 minutes of it. And I am so surprised that he didn't know any songs. What?

I don't get the Danny appeal. Can someone please explain it to me?
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Quote :
But anywhozers, I can see Kris going to Jive,
Adam and Allison going to RCA, and *Hopefully* Matt going to Epic. Then
Danny signing with some Christian label. But I'm almost 100% that all 5
of them will get record deals- major or indy. If my memory is correct-
back in season 5 Chris D. and Pickler didn't have record deals until
mid-l July... it was obvious they were gonna sign him, so I'd say if we
don't hear anything before the end of July, then I'd start worrying!

I definitely think Danny will end up with an indie Christian label. I just hope Matt gets signed by Epic or maybe Columbia.. Crossing fingers.

I think you are right Chris and Pickler's deals were announced close to July 5th if I recall so if by the end of July we don't hear anything regarding Matt then well he is on his own and hopefully some other label picks him up.
But let's keep the positive vibe, I am so anticipating the day when he gets signed and we all can celebrate! bounce
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:12 am

word of advice: NEVER venture away from Matt's boards... somehow I went from being over at MJ's reading comments about Adam and Kris's record deals and ended up in a thread of Allison's over at IDF talking about her record deal chances (which according to this guy named producer88 is already a done deal) IF and it's a big IF he can be believed (which they all seem to) here's what he says and they're all in blind item fashion which is soo confusing:
Allison and one of the top 2 ARE signed in the same label Allison has a list of people that will work with her. Allison will be Pop/Rock. Allison has a huge support group. Allison has an amazing talented "Blockbuster" creative/A&R team. They seem to think she's signed with Jive like Kris... although we all over here thought RCA with Adam... and he uses stupid blind items which piss me off... just tell them what they want to hear jackass!

now I know that had nothing to do with Matt but it's fun to read rumors and speculate no matter the contestant. This producer guy seems to say that all these deals are already signed but we the public won't know about it for awhile. While reading those comments, I kept thinking about how Matt's always saying he's got "good news coming" and he's "excited about his stuff post-idol". Maybe Matt's already got a deal in place but we won't hear about it for awhile because they have to announce the top 2 first? He's just always talking about the kind of record he's GOING to make and I don't seem him naive and oblivious like Sarver and Scott in thinking he's gonna make an album when he hasn't already been talking.... I don't know... speculations specualtions....
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:17 am

Danny Gokey has always been to me the middle age daddy next door,father of twins,driver of minivan,owner of golden retriever,trainer of junior ball players.He happens to have that "raspy,soulful voice" and yes he could sing the phone book,the effect would be just the same,he sings everything the same way and it does nothing to me. He seems to have zero passion for music.
Can't understand the huge fanbase either.Maybe it has something to do with the average joe-looks,sad backstory,judges praises,
the religion and I bet the ladies are eager to heal his wound.
But enough of that!
Epic sounds such a perfect place for Matt!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:46 am

cranberry wrote:
Danny Gokey has always been to me the middle age daddy next door,father of twins,driver of minivan,owner of golden retriever,trainer of junior ball players.He happens to have that "raspy,soulful voice" and yes he could sing the phone book,the effect would be just the same,he sings everything the same way and it does nothing to me. He seems to have zero passion for music.
Can't understand the huge fanbase either.Maybe it has something to do with the average joe-looks,sad backstory,judges praises,
the religion and I bet the ladies are eager to heal his wound.
But enough of that!
Epic sounds such a perfect place for Matt!

NO - not enough! Well - I know it sort of is not our style to trash the other contestants (well just a little bit) but here is a hilarious rap on Danny Gokey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVDoLU2HMjY&feature=related
named Why I hate Danny Gokey - if you click on "more info" you get the full lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record deal?   Record deal? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record deal?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next