Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?

Go down 
+78
lo_wee
iluvmatt
sgr91
BlondeB
Giraudian#202
Lisa_M
graciecat
Riley 9
asianmegan
XTINA
MemphisGal718
Laurkat22
JKRio
mattsangel
lumma
slick7
jamerce
MrsGiraud
BostonGirl18
Cori
cranberry
wordnerdlover
Eze
escapes
Jexter
Elicious
cindyt
Luvs
paigeturner
mattallifan064life
pebbles87
mattyfan
cecilie
Lengski
smk1379
lovethemtigers
happy37
emilyvictoriaa27
whoslovinyou
Showtime 334
jessica
corrina2253
ayCFAN
kebin65
glotrovato
skycheyan
wastntime
hockeyidolfan
peacehope
Mrs.Cullen
macigirl
Janizzle
2kids3dogs
mero17
Littletendernes
Angela
Cacity87
Holly417
ame501
pea0295
megryan67
blakessunshine21
kaciecuse
jenbean87
megan
OvenMitt
Whit
Cindyy
poisnivy
stace0528
brandy1
livgiraud
be11s
Heidi
lymon15
RachIP
Lana
Jenna
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
blakessunshine21

blakessunshine21

Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Whit wrote:
So many Ohioans! Yay Ohio! lol!

LOL yea and that is big for Ohio, not much goes on here hahaha. YAY. Let's group up for the tour!!
Back to top Go down
pea0295

pea0295

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey Giraud Squad! I am MattFan55 from the boards, you can also call me my real name, Laura! Honestly, so proud to be a part of such a fun and supportive fanbase. Matt caught my eye during his initial audition, but fell in love with him hard after Human Nature. He is like none other! He conveys such emotion and passion with the music and vocals he creates, it is magical and really really special. I love me some Matt Giraud.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Welcome everyone! I am also from Ohio. I live about 35 minutes outside of Cleveland...west. I am so excited for the tour. I plan on going to both Ohio dates. Yup I'm a little obsessed!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
ame501

ame501

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey there Sqaud! I'm Amie, also known as ame501 on the boards. I recognize a lot of you, so that's awesome. I just turned 25 and I live in Melbourne, FL. About 25 minutes south of Cocoa Beach on the East Coast. I work at a financial planning office and have my own apartment with my two dogs, Mia & Miley.

I was a hardcore Season 5 fan and really detached myself after that......until I saw Matt sing "Who's Loving You." I missed a lot of the auditions & Hollywood week, but started watching when Group 1 was up. I liked him when he did "Viva La Vida," but voted for someone else that night.... Embarassed ....then WLY came and I was hooked! He oozes passion and soul and to me, that is most important. The connection I feel when he's on that stage...there's nothing else like it. Not to mention, he's a gorgeous piece of man meat! OH THE THOUGHTS THAT I'VE HAD! My twitter followers know that I have plans.....LOL..... sunny

Anyways, I am excited for the finale and even more excited for tour. Can't wait to start reading people's recaps and seeing pics!!!! Going to be a wild summer....Get. On. Board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ame501
Holly417

Holly417

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:13 pm

I feel like i need to start off my saying "Hi, My name is Holly and I'm a Mattaholic"

Anyways, I'm Holly (hollygotigers from the boards and twitter.) I'm 23 years old and I am from Memphis, Tn. I graduated from the University of Mississippi back in December with an Elementary Education degree, but I'm actually working as an 11th grade English teacher because I also have a minor in English!

Matt caught my attention during his audition. I just had the show on while I was studying. I was listening, but not really watching or paying much attention until I heard I don't Wanna Be. My favorite show is One Tree Hill and that is the theme song to that show so it caused me to look up and start paying attention. I thought "wow this guy has a really good voice!" So I made it a point to watch for him in Hollywood week, and I thought he was brilliant in Georgia! After that, it was LOVE! I love everything about that man, and I find myself loving him more and more after every picture and video i see!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Hello everyone!

I feel so out of the loop! I am Cacity87 (or feel free to call me Cassidy) and I am on vacation (sitting in a hotel right now as we speak! haha) and decided I can't live without my daily "Matt fix" so I jumped on the free WiFi here to check out the boards. So glad I was able to see this new forum is up and running! cheers

I love it! A new place to feed my Matt addiction!

A little about me...well, I am 22 years old, married for ALMOST a year (on June 14!) and a singer/songwriter myself. I love music and have been an avid AI watcher since Season 2. I knew from the minute I saw Matt's audition that he was something special. I felt his passion when he talked about "having it (the music) in him." I think I google searched his name right after I saw him audition! haha.

Anyway, I will be a Matt Giraud fan for life. He is amazing, incredible, passionate, unique, humble, and just so very thankful and gracious to all of his fans. How can we NOT support and love an artist like that? He is going to be BIG.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Angela

Angela

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:16 am

Hi Very Happy .

I found this board through the AI forums when I was searching out some info on Matt since he left the show Crying or Very sad I decided to join this board instead since I am looking to the future and I know Matt has a bright one ahead of him!

Anyways, I'm Angela, I'm 25 and I live in Los Angeles. I graduated from college a few years ago but have had trouble deciding what to do with my life. I currently work for my mom and I hate it but it pays the bills!

Anyways, I first noticed Matt during the WC show. He blew me away. I have not invested so much time in a contestant before. I have only ever voted for Kelly and David Cook but not nearly as much as I have voted for Matt. Every week his performances drew me in.

Matt has it all talent, passion, looks, style, and personality. What's not to love???
Back to top Go down
poisnivy

poisnivy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:04 am

Angela wrote:
Hi Very Happy .

I found this board through the AI forums when I was searching out some info on Matt since he left the show Crying or Very sad I decided to join this board instead since I am looking to the future and I know Matt has a bright one ahead of him!

Anyways, I'm Angela, I'm 25 and I live in Los Angeles. I graduated from college a few years ago but have had trouble deciding what to do with my life. I currently work for my mom and I hate it but it pays the bills!

Anyways, I first noticed Matt during the WC show. He blew me away. I have not invested so much time in a contestant before. I have only ever voted for Kelly and David Cook but not nearly as much as I have voted for Matt. Every week his performances drew me in.

Matt has it all talent, passion, looks, style, and personality. What's not to love???

Hi Angela! it's nice to meet you Smile
Back to top Go down
Angela

Angela

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:29 pm

It's nice to meet you too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:53 pm

Welcome everyone! I hope everyone is feeling at home here? I forgot to mention that on the AI boards I am TheRealLife. Didn't want you guys to think that I am a total stranger.
Back to top Go down
Littletendernes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Hello guys,
I'm Chris, aka Littletenderness from AI forum. Mother of three,two boys,one girl, Nan to Five. I work in a Primary School in the UK as a Teaching Asisstant and Librarian. I saw Matt perform Georgia and stopped in my tracks when I heard his jazzy,soulful rendition of this most famous song. Initially (now surprises me) I was sort of interested in Danny and Jamar, however as soon as Matt started to perform I was lost and thankfully have been ever since. I agree with Jenna that he is the most talented musician I have ever seen on Idol and I have watched it for a good few years now. I wish i could explain what sets Matt apart from the other contestants for me because he is definitely different. Since hearing his Studio Versions at You Tube I have come to realise that his versatility, artistic integrity and interpretation is on a level that is MUCH higher than the other contestants. Thank goodness we all saw past a few wobbly notes that the unforgiving american public seemed to be unable to do. Matt will be my American Idol this year and no one else. Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Quote :
Thank goodness we all saw past a few wobbly notes that the unforgiving american public seemed to be unable to do. Matt will be my American Idol this year and no one else

I'd much rather have a passionate, raw, honest, and emotional performance/vocal with some imperfections than a perfect vocal that leaves me cold because there is no emotion or connection from the singer. That is what IMO sets Matt a part from the others this season and really any other season. Besides perfect vocals are for CD's and we know Matt is an amazing recording artist! Matt has a true passion for music. He doesn't care about being famous he wants to sing because he has a calling for it. Like he said he wants to share his talent with the world in hopes of touching someone. Well if this site is any indication he has already touched so many people!

I apologize to everyone I was slow to activate membership. LOL I didn't realize until 40 minutes ago that there was a problem. Please bare with me. I am very new at this and I am learning as we go.
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:28 pm

hey!! I"m Marwa from Egypt...I"m 18,studying at MED. school
I wasn't a MATT fan at the begining but when he sang"SO Small"..I fell and I fell hard!! HE was so passionate singing it!!! since that day I'm a 100%MAtt fan!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey Y'all! I'm Rhonda, mother of 2 kids and 3 dogs! I am 2kidsdogs on AI but when I registered two years ago, the keys stuck and the 3 got left off and I never changed it.

My daughter is 14 and my son 9, both big Matt fans. My son loved the Fray before Matt, so when he sang You Found Me, he was in heaven!

I am a Realtor in NW Florida but my free-lance job is writing, which I do for our paper. I have been writing about AI since Season 6; in fact, Taylor Hicks came to vacation here and word spread like wildfire. I had no idea who he was!
I never watched the show before but after seeing everyone go nuts, I figured I better watch to see what all the fuss was about! He was here right after he won, so I started watching the auditions of Season 6 and was instantly hooked.

Last year my favorite was Jason Castro and by coincidence, he came here after the finale at the end of May. I am very excited for his new music!

I met Allison's vocal coach in Pensacola in January and he said he had a student (Allison) who had auditioned. So, Allison was going to be my choice of contestant to follow. I saw Matt's audition, loved that he was from Michigan (so am I) and decided I would follow both. Imagine my shock when I learned he was from my hometown! At that point, Allison was still on my radar but Matt was at the forefront. I loved White Chocolate and Georgia! When he made the WC, I thought he really had a chance to win! I got tickets for Grand Ole Opry, flew out to LA and saw him perform "So Small". That night and the save will be my favorite episodes ever! I wish he could have won but everything happens for a reason. I truly believe he will be a huge success!
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi everybody!

My name is Janelle, aka Janizzle. I'm 22 years old and I live in Philly, PA...I stayed here to work after graduating from University of Pennsylvania in chemical engineering. I have been watching American Idol since the very beginning. Every year I pretty much find someone to fall in love with, such as Justin Guarini, Ace Young, ELLIOTT YAMIN, Chris Richardson, and now Matt Giraud! Elliott is my favorite Idol of all time but Matt is a very, very close second!

Matt immediately caught my attention at auditions and I followed him ever since. I remember way back even finding out about his pre-Idol music, I was so interested in this guy. I was bitten quickly by the Matt bug...it's the first time I really fell hard for a contestant right away. I didn't split votes once this season, which is a first! I just loved the tone of his voice from auditions (he did remind me Elliott, like Simon said!), and of course that piano...just amazing. I could tell he had real artistry, musicianship, talent! I was so hyped to see him Top 36 and he honestly didn't disappoint me. I was distraught when he didn't make it through but thankfully he got the Wild Card and made it! So basically the love and support never ended and it's just been quite an emotional experience with him...and I love him for that.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi! I am Maci from Michigan. I have two sons that I dragged 2 hours to Kalamazoo for Matt's homecoming. Saw him in the bar later so the trip was so worth it. I am still on a high from that. Stood next to him but was too shy to talk to him. At the time, that was OK but now....damn!!! What was wrong with me. I should have grabbed him and embarrassed myself. I am probably too old for this but I can't help it. I am completely and utterly obsessed with Matt.

I suffered alone for two months before I found the forum on AI. It was like coming home. SO happy with this forum. No one gets my obsession. I don't care...I am going with it and enjoying the ride! And it is one hot ride!

He had me at Georgia!!!!
Back to top Go down
brandy1

brandy1

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:27 am

Glad to see everyone coming over from the AI thread!
Back to top Go down
Mrs.Cullen

PostSubject: Mrs.Cullen   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:32 am

Hi, everyone! This is Mrs.Cullen from the AI forums; I thought it would be easier to keep the same name. I am 24 years old, married almost a year and a half, with no kids. I am a Matt-aholic, and I am so psyched that we have our own forum. I can actually say things now without being sent to banned camp!

I used to live in Kalamazoo, but have sadly never been in the presence of Matt Giraud, even though I have been to his old piano bar a few times. However, I loved him from the day I saw his audition and knew he was going to be a star! My love for him has grown over the season and now I would consider myself obsessed. My favorite performance is Georgia, although I wish I had more of it!! My favorite full length performance is "My Funny Valentine" and it also happens to be my favorite studio recording.

And, in case anyone can't tell, I'm also a huge Twilight fan!
Back to top Go down
peacehope

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:27 am

Hi everyone, I'm Hope from the AI forum.

I live in Michigan, not terribly far from Matt's hometown.

I'm a stay-at-home mom, but my son is a bit older than some. He just recently turned 14.

Okay, that's it I guess...I'm spending most of my Matty time on the AI boards until we get through the finale...don't want his folder to become stagnant or overrun by other fanbases. But, I'll come around here more once the finale is over.

Thank you for creating this site, btw. It's wonderful!

Last edited by peacehope on Thu May 14, 2009 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
livgiraud

livgiraud

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:30 am

So cool to see everybody from the boards here Cool
Back to top Go down
hockeyidolfan

hockeyidolfan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Debbie aka hockeyidolfan (same as on the AI boards). I live in Maryland, I'm divorced, and I work as a receptionist at a law firm. I have spent most everyday in Matt's forum, so I am so happy that this was created to keep us together Smile Although Matt did catch my eye early on, I kept an open mind without a favorite, until Matt's Human Nature performance, since then I have been hooked! I love you
Back to top Go down
wastntime

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:07 pm

My name is Kim, also wastntime on ai. I live in Northwest Louisiana and I've been a fan of Matt since his audition. When he said, "I feel I've got it in me". I didn't even have to hear him sang yet and I was already hooked. I love all of Matt's fans, you guys are the greatest. I am a single mother of two and I am 32. Yes, I was on the gd board last nite when the Bad Girls took over and I had the best laugh.

Last edited by wastntime on Fri May 15, 2009 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skycheyan

skycheyan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi All,

Skycheyan here aka Skycheyan1 aka Tiffany.

I am so thankful for this new forum and for Peace telling me about it. I will be here a lot Smile.

I am 30 and married and been with my husband for 12 years married for 6.

I adore Matt. I adore him like I do Michael Buble and that is saying a lot for me. When he sang human nature he had me at hello. But even before that I just kept telling my husband there is something about this guy. I have never voted like I did this year and never was this invested in a contestant. I just think he has that something special!

I work for a major university and I am an adult by day and a 15 year old teeny boober by night Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
glotrovato

glotrovato

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey all you Giraud Squad and Matt fans,

This is great to have our own forum for Matt Smile

My name is Gloria aka glotrovato and I'm also a huge Matt Giraud fan. I live in New Jersey and work part time from home and basically a happy stay at home housewife Very Happy Happily married but no kids yet and I have a beautiful yellow Lab dog who is my daughter.

Fell in love with Matt the first time I saw him audition during Hollywood week and loved all his performances as well. I felt he was the most talented and entertaining one on the show and love the way he makes me feel the music when he sings. Love his good moves too lol ; )

I'm also a Jason Castro fan and supporter. Yea, I'm a Dreadhead too ha ha tongue I'm currently the Jason Castro Street Team State Leader for NJ/Philly and being he's now signed with Atlantic Records I've been pretty excited about his CD to come out soon and it will keep me busy with promo stuff but that won't stop me from being a Matt fan and part of the Giraud Squad as well. I plan on seeing Matt during the AI tour with my Giraud Sqaud t-shirt on at the NJ & CT shows. Got front floor tix for both and I'll be cheering him on! cheers

I know Matt has a successful future ahead of him and can't wait to see what he does after the tour.

Peace,
Gloria
Back to top Go down
kebin65

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Hey guys!

I'm Kevin, and I've been a member of MyIdol since...2006/2007. I mainly hang out in the Game Folder, but I do visit the Matt Giraud Folder once in a while. However, despite that, I am a HUGGGGEEE Matt fan. I absolutely love his voice and he's just so amazing. I cannot wait till his album comes out Very Happy

Well I hope I get to meet you all! I can't wait to start posting here Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next